The Communications Coordinator will be responsible for carrying out ActionAid Nigeria’s (AAN’s) Communication Strategy, plan; and public affairs community relations and publicity in order to influence and inform AAN’s Stakeholders, Staff, Partners and Donors in the organization’s thematic areas.
Job Title: Communications Coordinator – Abuja
- First degree in Communications, Social sciences or arts/humanities is essential.
- Master’s degree in relevant field isdesirable.
- At least 7 years work experience 4 of which should have been spent in the development sector is essential
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience managing communication & advocacy projects and working with the media is essential
- Capacity building experience including training, facilitating, coaching and mentoring is essential
- Experience as a media focal person for an organization/department is desirable
- Experience as a reporter, sub editor or proof reader is desirable
- Familiarity with popular media sector and previous relationship with same is desirable
- Online i.e. website management and digital communications is essential
- Strong communication and writing skills is essential
- Ability to provide practical solutions within set deadlines is essential
- Public speaking skills is essential