The Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) is a regional grouping with 15 Member States in West Africa (three landlocked and one island) with a population of about 300-million and an annual economic growth rate of around 6%. The ECOWAS Commission is one of the eight Regional Economic Communities supporting the African Union to coordinate the implementation of continental and regional integration and development programmes in the West African region.[table id=11 /]
Directorate: Directorate of Administration & Finance
Grade/Step : P2-1
Duration: One Year Contract
Supervisor: Information Technology Officer
Objective of Position:
- To assist in maintaining IT services in support of the work of the Parliament.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Under the supervision of the IT Officer P4, the officer will perform the following duties:
- Build applications to meet business requirements.
- Assesses existing applications and keep abreast with industry standards and best practices.
- Determine technical changes, schedules projects and oversee timelines. Implements and monitors quality standards.
- Act as the technical liaison officer for the ECOWAS Parliamentary Information System (ECOPLIS) Project.
- In collaboration with the Human Resource Unit, establishes a computerized Human Resource System for the efficient management of staff matters.
- Assists in identifying appropriate software or computerized solutions to challenges in any other aspect of the Parliament’s work.
- Performs any other duties as may be assigned by superior officers.
Qualifications and Experience
- A first degree in Computer Science is required.
- Three (3) years professional experience. A higher degree in a relevant field may substitute for two (2) years’ work experience.
- Only citizens of ECOWAS Member States are eligible for appointment in ECOWAS Institutions and Agencies.
- In the case of permanent positions, only candidates whose age is less than fifty (50) years at the time of appointment are eligible for consideration.
- The position is on Grade P2-1 with an Annual Salary of UA19,769, equivalent to US$31,191.