Nigeria LNG Limited, was incorporated as a limited liability company on May 17, 1989 to harness Nigeria’s vast natural gas resources and produce Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG) and Natural Gas Liquids (NGLs) for export. The establishment of NLNG is backed by the NLNG Act.
- Job Type: Full-time
- Job Title: Trainee Operator
- Location: Bonny Island, Rivers State
- Specialization: Oil and Gas
- REF: P0/201 7/001
- Deadline: 25 May, 2017
- The appointee would be responsible for the safe and efficient operation of the assigned plants on a shift basis.
- The duties will include, but are not limited to the following:
- Operate the process and service units within the prescribed limits to achieve production targets for quantity and quality, safely and efficiently
- Prepare equipment for maintenance in accordance with appropriate procedures
- Participate in shutdowns
- Respond to plant process changes and upsets so that loss of production is kept at a minimum
- Manage process and service unit’s start-ups and shutdowns competently without affecting units that are to remain online Undertake constant evaluation of plant-operating conditions so abnormalities are promptly resolved
- Execute on a daily basis, routine and non-routine operations for the assigned area taking due care to implement HSE considerations for the activity
- Keep abreast of changes to operating procedures and control system
- Ensure effective start-of-shift orientation and shift handover.
MIN REQUIRED EXPERIENCE:
The Person and/or the right candidate should:
- Possess a Higher National Diploma (HND) in Chemical, Process, Petroleum, Mining, Industrial, Mechanical or Electronics /Electrical Engineering, obtained at a minimum of Upper Credit Level.
- Not be more than 28 years old by June 1st 2017.
- Have completed the NYSC year by May 2017.
- Be able to demonstrate proficiency in information technology.
- Possess good communications and problem solving skills.
- In addition the following documents (High National Diploma HND, NYSC Discharge Certificate and Birth Certificate) must be attached for the application to be valid.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Any false information provided during or after the application process will lead to the outright disqualification of such candidate(s).